dinsdag 28 juli 2015

CLOCK ... 2



Background has been made with heat embossing and bistre! 


****

STAMPS USED: 

Katzelkraft: click on picture:

maandag 27 juli 2015

CLOCK ... 1


Background has been made with heat embossing and bistre! 



STAMPS USED: 

"Bij God zijn alle dingen mogelijk" - Inkerbell Stamps 

Katzelkraft: click on picture:


zaterdag 25 juli 2015

An altered butterfly book...

Today I'd like to share how to easily change the cover of a dummy book!
You can find this post on the The Crafter's Workshop blog, too!
This is how it turned out: 
 
****
A step by step tutorial:

Start by sanding the cover really well to get rid of the gloss, and so the gesso in the next step will have some grip to it .   
  Paint the cover with white gesso, front and back!  Leave to dry...


 
 Paint the cover with brown acrylic paint... it doesn't have to be all covered, 
a distressed feel to it is OK. Leave to dry. 
Paint the cover with (quick) crackle medium. Leave to dry. 
   Paint the cover with white acrylic paint, it will immediately start to crack, so add your paint in one streak, don't go over the same spot twice. It doesn't matter if the paint doesn't get on evenly, it adds to the distressed feel of it!
Leave to dry... 


 
 Spray some color onto the book. I used a custom made pearl spray. Leave to dry. 


 
Stamp some script (Magenta Style) onto the cover with a black permanent ink. 


   And now for the fun part: 
Add structure to the cover with the Butterfly Collage stencil : 
add structure paste with a palette knife.   
Leave to dry.


 LOVE this stencil, I will be using this one a lot! 
Hope you like it!
****
STENCIL USED:
TCW554 Butterfly Collage 6x6


vrijdag 24 juli 2015

A thistle again...

I used the leftover ink on the stencil from this post, to create this background.

The stencil is from The Crafter's Workshop. 
The stamps are from Art Journey of course. 

****

I am entering this in the challenge on: 
1. Art Journey - 50% white space

donderdag 23 juli 2015

Scribbly flowers..


 The background and flower have been made with WALNUT inks from IMAGINE Crafts.


****

From the leftover of the background I've made an ATC! 



I am entering this in the challenge on 
1. Simon says stamp - I for 'ink'

****

STAMPS USED: