I SO love how this turned out. And it's so easy to make!
I"ll tell you how!
1. Take a piece of 18 x 18 cm cardstock and paint gesso generously onto it. While still wet, adhere pieces of newspaper to it, by just putting it partly in the gesso, rubbing it only in the centre parts. Leave to dry. Tear the parts that are not adhered to the background, off.
2. Add some structure to the background with a stencil and structure paste.
3. Add a layer of gesso over the page, so the pieces of newspaper are faded.
4. Sponge the background with Distress ink, spray with water to let it run. Leave to dry.
5. Stamp the flower with a solvent ink on a stirdy piece of newspaper paper, cut it out, and adhere it to the background. Stamp it partly again, also on the newspaper paper, and cut the flowers out that are the highest part of the flower. Color it all. I used watercolorpencils, watercolor and a Molotow marker for the outlines (green). Adhere the top little 3 flowers to the page with 3D glue. Leave to dry.
6. Stamp the scrabble letters onto the newspaper paper, and cut them out. Find yourself some letters from the newspaper that will form the word PAPER in colors coordinating with the rest of the colors. Adhere them to the page.
Look at thos yummy colors!
I hope you like it!
This page is for Journal 52 for week 37 - Newspaper
Stampendous - flower
Scrabble letters - De stempelwinkel